So far this year the EAP has funded 8 pilot projects and 10 major projects, details of which are available on the awards webpages.
A diverse range of projects were funded, including:
- A survey of native administration records in Malawi
- Digitisation of records in Bolama, the first capital of Portuguese Guinea
- Preservation of parish records held in provincial archives in Brazil
- Photographic collections in Mali
- Early missionary records in the remote region of Mizoram, India
- Survey of Jewish archives in Hungary, scattered after World War II
- Digitisation of the national sound archives of Comoros
- Arabic manuscripts from Djenne, Mali
- Digitisation of provincial newspapers held in regional archives in Peru
- A survey of church archives in Botswana
- Preservation of notarial records from the peninsula of La Guajira, Colombia
The Programme is now accepting applications for the next round of funding - full details of the application procedure and documentation are available on our webpages. The deadline for submission of preliminary applications is 4 November 2011. Please pass on these details to any interested parties.