Things it's good to know:
- The UK Web Archive is a selective archive of UK websites that are considered to be of scholarly and cultural importance.
- Websites are collected selectively across the spectrum of knowledge and human activities, including science, technology and medicine, business, social sciences and arts and humanities.
- Websites are nominated by subject specialists, curators, external institutions and individual members of the public.
- Subject classifications are applied to website titles to facilitate research usage.
- We develop special collections that group together websites relating to a specific topic.
- The UK Web Archive was launched in 2004.
- The web archive now contains almost 10,000 different website titles.
- Copies of websites are gathered periodically in order to capture changes over time (these are called ‘instances’) and there are now almost 40,000 different instances in the web archive.
- The current size of the archive is over 10TB
- The ‘One & Other’ website is our most frequently accessed resource