The @BL_Labs Roadshow (2016)
Do you want to learn more about the digital collections the British Library has? Discover how others have used them in creative and surprising ways? Talk to Library staff and understand some of the challenges of how you might use our digital content innovatively. Get advice, pick up tips and consider entering your own ideas and projects into the Labs Competition (deadline 11 April) and Awards (deadline 5 September). You can browse our archive of ideas submitted for competitions and awards here.
Come to one of our 15 UK events as part of the @BL_Labs Roadshow between Feb 1 to April 4 2016. Events will include presentations from the British Library and host institutions, practical hands-on workshops, a chance to explore and discuss what you may do with some of the Library's data through an 'Ideas Lab' and for you to speak and get feedback from experts.
Register for a FREE event and OPEN TO ALL (unless otherwise stated). Further details about locations see below:
- Mon 1 Feb (1700 - 1930) - Experimenting with Digital Collections: BL Labs Workshop at #citylis, Centre for Information Science (#citylis), City University London, London
- Wed 3 Feb (1200 - 1600) - Labs and Digital Humanities and Arts Praxis Workshop, National Video Arcade, organised by the University of Nottingham, Nottingham
- Mon 15 Feb (0930 - 1230) - Building a search engine that works for you, Cambridge Digital Humanities Network, University Cambridge, Cambridge
- Mon 15 Feb (1330 - 1630) - Labs & Digital Research Showcase with an 'Ideas Lab', Cambridge Digital Humanities Network, University of Cambridge, Cambridge
- Tue 23 Feb (1300 - 1700) - BL Labs Roadshow @ Collaboration and Knowledge Exchange (CAKE), Digital Humanities Hub, University of Birmingham, Birmingham
- Wed 24 Feb (1400 - 1700) - Using British Library’s Digital Content and Data for your research, University College London Digital Humanities department (UCLDH), UCL, London
- Fri 26 Feb (1300 - 1700) - Labs Showcase at Digital Humanities Network Scotland, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh
- Mon 29 Feb (1200 - 1500) - BL Labs Roadshow @ OU, Open University, Milton Keynes
- Thu 3 Mar (1230 - 1700) - BL Labs Wales Roadshow, National Library of Wales and Aberystwyth University, Aberystwyth
- Fri 4 Mar (1300 - 1700) - Experimenting with the British Library's Digital Content, University of Wolverhampton’s Directorate of Academic Support and Faculty of Social Sciences, Wolverhampton
- Mon 7 Mar (1300 - 1700) - BL Labs and Spatial Humanities @ Lancaster University, Lancaster University, Lancaster
- Wed 9 Mar (1130 - 1600) - Innovation, Experimentation, Collaboration: Exploring Digital Collections & Data @ the British Library, University of East Anglia, Norwich
- Mon 14 (1030 - 1630) - BL Labs Roadshow at KDL, King's Digital Lab, Kings' College London, London
- Fri 18 (1100 - 1500) - Experimenting with the British Library’s Digital Content and Data for your research, Sheffield Hallam University, Sheffield
- Mon 21 (1000 - 1500) - BL Labs Roadshow at GW4, University of Bristol on behalf of GW4 (South West and Wales - University of Bath, University of Cardiff, University of Bristol and the University of Exeter), Bristol
- Mon 21 (1900 - 2030) - British Library's Digital Content and Open Data, organised by South West Data Meetup, Bristol Engine Shed @ Temple Meads, Bristol
- Mon 4 (1030 - 1600) - BL Labs at Sussex Humanities Lab, Sussex Humanities Lab and the University of Sussex, Falmer near Brighton
For any further questions please contact us at email@example.com.
Posted by Mahendra Mahey, Manager of BL Labs.